Biorb 8 Gal. Review
8 Gallon Biorb 30 Review
Table of Contents
- 8 Gallon Biorb Aquarium Overview
- Biorb 30 Aquarium Specs
- Detailed Product Description of the Biorb 8 gallon Aquarium (directly from the manufacturer)
- The Good – Real User Reviews of the 8 Gallon Biorb Aquarium (Summary of best points of the aquarium)
- The Bad – Real User Reviews of the 8 Gallon Biorb Fish Tank (Summary of worst points of the aquarium)
- Good Reviews – Real customers quotes of the Biorb 30 aquarium
- Okay Reviews - Real customers quotes of the Biorb 30 aquarium
- Bad Reviews - Real customers quotes of the Biorb 30 aquarium
THE 8 Gallon BIORB AQUARIUM REVIEW:
The original biOrb aquarium holds 30L (8 Gallons) of water. This iconic design offers a good environment for the fish with the multi-stage filtration that keeps the water clean and clear and the easy to change filter cartridges which makes maintenance a breeze.
For anyone new to keeping fish setting up a traditional rectangular aquarium can be complicated. What filter should you buy? What lighting should I get? What additives so I need? What fish can I keep? What food should I get? Every biOrb 30 contains everything you need, just add water and fish. No need to rush out to the store again to pickup something you forgot (we even include the fish food!). Also, our detailed instructions take you through setting up the aquarium and our dedicated support team and on hand to answer any questions you may have.
8 GALLON BIORB AQUARIUM SPECS
What Comes In the box
- biOrb 30 aquarium (8 gallon)
- 900g of ceramic media
- Standard freshwater filter cartridge
- Low-voltage Air Pump
- 12v Transformer
- Tap water conditioner and Beneficial Bacteria liquid
- Printed documentation
Size and weight – Original Biorb
- Height: 16.5 inches (42 cm)
- Width: 15.7 inches (40 cm)
- Weight (empty): 12 pounds (1 kg)
- Weight (full): 68 pounds (31Kg)
- Volume: 8 Gallon (30L)
- 12v transformer
- Two connectors (light and airpump)
- 12 month guarantee
Electrical and environmental requirements
- Line voltage: 12V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz or 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 13W
- Complies with UL, ULC and CE safety requirements.
8 GALLON BIORB DETAILED PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The biOrb 30, like all Reef One aquariums, offers massive biological filtration, mechanical filtration and chemical filtration, covering the three main types of filtration. No other similar sized aquarium offers this multi-stages and multi-type filtration. This powerful combination means better water quality for your fish and less maintenance work for you.
Coldwater, Tropical, or Saltwater setup
Keep freshwater, tropical or saltwater fish in your biOrb 30. The biOrb 30L offers the ultimate flexibility. Out of the box the biOrb 30 is ideal for coldwater fish such as mountain minnows, or fancy goldfish, add a tropical heater pack and start keeping a wide range of colorful tropical fish such as tetra’s, barb’s or guppies. Alternative add a heater and the Marine Conversion Kit and start keeping wonderful marine creatures such as Clownfish and hermit crabs. The choice is ultimately yours and setting up is as easy as possible.
BiOrb 30 Style
The biorb 30 aquarium has everything you’re looking for in an aquarium. Technology and style come together in this amazingly clear, desire-evoking, all-in-one solution.
With Biorb aquariums, your home will be brightened by the unique style and compact design. Gone are the days of having lots of cables running across the room to power all the different parts of the aquarium; Reef One aquariums keep everything clean and clear.
USER REVIEWS OF THE BIORB AQUARIUM KIT
- The biorb looks great, almost everyone loves its stylish design
- It comes with everything you need to start your aquarium except for decorations and fish
- The 8 Gallon Biorb allows for a wider range of fish than the baby biorb
- The biorb is easy to customize with a swap top or decorations. (5 different colored swap tops for the baby biorb)
- The Biorb Acrylic is 10x stronger than glass
- The service kit filter system is easy to change and clean
- The 8 Gallon Biorb can be used as a saltwater, tropical, or coldwater fish tank
- The biorb aquarium doesn’t take long to clean or maintain
- The biorb instruction manual includes a detailed how to and FAQ, as well as recommended fish for the fish tank
- It has much better aeration and filtration than a regular fish bowl
- Due to the curved shape of the biorb, it is sometimes hard to see the fish, or the fish get distorted from the curve of the aquarium.
- Since the Biorb is only 8 gallons, and it is curved, it doesn’t allow for as much surface area as a square fish tank, which means you might not be able to put as many many fish in it as a square fish tank.
- Choice of compatible fish with the biorb is limited due to its size and structure
- More expensive than regular fish tanks
- Water sometimes splashes out of the feeding whole at the top and gets water on your table or desk
- The air pump is guaranteed for 6 months, but sometimes don’t last a lot longer than that
GOOD CUSTOMER REVIEWS OF THE BIORB 8 GALLON AQUARIUM – DIRECT QUOTES
“The biOrb30 aquarium is fantastic. Maybe a little expensive, but well worth it, I believe. The fish have a great time racing around the tank, and the water is kept well-aerated because of the central air outlet. Using the correct feeding pellets, the water stays just about completely clear, as the pellets do not dissolve. There is a minimum of housekeeping on this product, which gives it many advantages over a fish tank.”
“nice little fish tank. great for beginners as it has a very easy to follow instruction manual. Was set up without any trouble and with speed.
However it is a good idea to read up on the product and the fish that you intend to keep first.
gives the room a lovely feel and is a great home for my fish!”
OKAY CUSTOMER REVIEWS OF THE BIORB 8 GALLON AQUARIUM – DIRECT QUOTES
I wouldn’t recommend the biorb for all fish. Goldfish which are especially messy create a lot of waste. The celebrated ceramic filter medium surely does provide a good home to all those helpful bacteria but it also means that food which falls to the bottom of the aquarium falls between the ceramic pieces, where it is out of reach to your fish and sits there decomposing and contaminating the water and maybe leaving your fish hungry if they are slow feeders. My fish are black moors and celestials which feed off the bottom. If your fish are bottom feeders this could be a problem. Traditional aquaria are typically floored with sand or small gravel which is much better for bottom feeders. So bear this in mind.
If you are more experienced with aquaria you could do what I did which is cover the ceramic media with a layer of mesh and cover this with a layer of dark gravel (dark colour also reduces stress for fish). I don’t know if the manufacturers would agree but I have had this in place for 3 months and it is working well re filtration. I have no problems with levels of contamination. However it is not an operation that I would recommend to a beginner and it does make it more difficult to change the other filter element, the cartridge. If the manufacturers could provide their own proprietary solution for covering the floor with small gravel I’d give this product 5 stars.
In summary, a beautiful object which can look spectacular if you choose your plants and ornaments well. Not for all types of fish, get advice before buying this aquarium. P.S. You can get generic replacements for the filter media used inside the filter cartridge here. Buy in bulk save yourself a lot of money. PPS Practice regular cleaning of the bottom with a syphon (which the manufactures can sell you if you like) Fish should live for years, if yours don’t last then something is wrong, find our why.